Radha Soami Satsang Beas with the Help of the Police Distributes Food Packets for the Needy
(Punjab Kesari, 27th March 2020) – Coronavirus outbreak has shaken the entire world. Like other countries it has also taken India in its grip. Keeping in mind the orders issued by PM Narendra Modi for a 3-week lockdown of the entire country, Punjab along with the other states has also issued orders for a curfew in the state. All movements along with the public transport have also been strictly restricted. It has become difficult for the people of Punjab to go about because of the ban. Under such conditions Radha Soami Satsang Ghar Dera Beas is providing ready food packets for the needy. Dera Beas has established helpline numbers for those in need of aid. Moreover, such families can also contact the local administration. According to the information received, those in need shall be provided three meals in a day, namely at 6:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m. and 6:00 p.m. The administration is covering the rural area under the supervision of SSP Navjot Mahal with the help of SP Headquarters, Ravindra Pal Sandhu. Punjab police is lending full support to the attempt made by Dera Beas. Teams from Punjab police are accompanying the Dera workers for distributing food packets to the needy at their homes. Currently 2000 food packets are being sent from the satsang ghar at Jalandhar which will be increased to 5-7000 as per the requirements. It is the endeavor of the institution that no poor should go hungry.
As per instructions issued by Dera Beas the langar will be made ready at the following 13 satsang ghars
- Jalandhar — 3
- Panchkula — 1
- Pathankot — 1
- Jammu — 1
The local administration may be contacted in case of need
Directions for pack lunch sewa
- Packed lunch to be distributed thrice a day— 6:00 a.m., 12:00 p.m., & 6:00 p.m.
- Start with 100 lunch packs and then proceed as per requirement.
- Only one vegetable, 3 chapatis, achar to be packed.
- Only one lunch pack to be given per person. Misuse and wastage to be avoided.
- Health and hygiene of sewadars to be maintained at all times.
- Distance of 2 meters should be maintained while cooking.
- Hands should be washed/sanitized frequently.
- Sewadars should be minimum, not more than 20 sewadars should be allowed at one time.
- No entry of any other person from outside.
- Face masks and gloves are compulsory while cooking and distributing.
- Vegetables to be dipped in hot water for 30 minutes before cooking